Of course a healthy diet and proper nutrition are fundamental in maintaining optimal health. However, when in the context of chronic stress, athletics, pregnancy, infections, surgery or chronic illness, our bodies demand for proper nutrition outweighs what our diet and oral therapy can provide. Furthermore, common conditions that manifest in the intestinal tract such as Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS), Irritable Bowel Disorder (IBS), Crohn’s Disease, Colitis, Ulcer’s, Allergies, Diarrhea and Constipation can reduce the absorption of nutrients in our diet that we require for our health and well-being.
That being said, the advantage of Intravenous Therapy is the fact that it bypasses our digestive limitations and infuse medicinal doses of essential nutrients such as vitamins, amino acids and minerals directly into the bloodstream at higher doses than we are capable of obtaining through oral nutrition, thereby, enhancing the body’s ability to heal, improving energy and raising our quality of life.
IVs may include:
- 250ml water to rehydrate fluid loss through sweating.
- B-vitamins which are lost through stress and exercise.
- Vitamins that complement the Krebs cycle for cell production of ATP, the energy source of life.
- Calcium, magnesium, potassium, zinc and other minerals will improve muscle function, cellular function and aid in sleep.
- Sodium, potassium, chloride and bicarbonate restore electrolyte balance often disrupted from prolonged sweating or a poor nutritious diet.
- Amino acids to improve mental wellbeing and help in physiological recovery.
- German natural remedies to help with pain, sleep, stress, injuries, inflammation, or allergies.
The extensive selection of nutrients available allows me to custom tailor my formulations to the patients individual needs. These variations may aid in detoxifying, rejuvenating skin, improving circulation, and eliminating toxins as well as heavy metals. A common type of formulation is the Myer’s Cocktail which consists of magnesium, calcium, an array of B Vitamins (B5, B6, B12, B1, B3) and Vitamin C. IV Therapy has clinical research demonstrating that the intravenous infusion of nutrients has beneficial outcomes for athletic performance and weight loss as well as a variety of conditions including:
- Heart Disease
- Drug Addictions
Intravenous vitamin and mineral therapy takes approximately 30 to 60 minutes, and for optimal benefits it should be repeated once a week, to once a month, depending upon the patient’s needs and current health