This post was inspired by The Innerview because guess what...you are important. So let's live by that virtue. .
Having a health plan isn't easy, our plan is a way to change or manage your life, and have a better future. How you would like your life to be if anything was possible? This is a way to set the direction for your planning.
Whatever you have been doing got you into this current state of affairs in the first place. To have permanent results you need to make permanent changes, easier said than done!
Be mindful...that means pay attention whats going on inside of yourself instead of drowning it with distractions, drugs, alcohol and Netflix.
To make it easy, you can break it down into three categories.
- What settlements have I made in my life? That means, what did I settle for because I didn't believe I could get it in the first place.
- What obstacles have I found in my life? We all have them, you are not more or less special in this category. Some are big, some are small, and sometimes they are small enough to make the difference.
- How did I get to where I am today? You came from somewhere, how was the journey?
- How has my condition affected me? This directly reflects your health, what didn't you do because your vitality held you back?
- What is working in my life right now? Stick to it and pay attention...you might be onto something.
- What is not working in my life right now? Also known as, where am I continuously struggling...relationships often come into this, especially the ones we have held onto even though they have changed over time.
- Who is in my life that can support me? Who is in my corner? Who stands next to me? Show me your friends and I'll show you who you are...
- What support do I need? When do you need it? Where do you need it? How do you need it? BE SPECIFIC.
- What does health and wellness mean to me? It means to me that I will always have the opportunity to live my life at a 100% every single day...because life has value.
- How do I want my life to be? Foresee it, goals matter, images speak volume, what do you see?
- What is important to me? What should be present? What should be absent?
It might seem very overwhelming when you answer all the questions but guess what...life is overwhelming? so let's start chipping away at it one piece at a time, slow and steady wins the race. You don't need to figure it out all at once, but this is your world, so make the effort to be interested in your own life...and that may sometimes include the deep, dark and beautiful.
Living today with knowledge of self.