Please Turn Off Ad Blocker
How to address Toe Nail Fungus.
Treating nail fungus infections is challenging. From a patient point of view, one of the main frustrations is that nail fungus infections take considerable time to clear, even when the treatment is working. There are several anti fungal ointments but there is one important aspect that people forget. You also have to treat it from the inside out. Severe fungal nail infections affect the nail root which means you have to access it via the blood stream. To do so, the use of natural antifungals while maintaining a diet absent of sugar will be your winner. Yeast loves to feed on sugars so you have to deprive them of their needs. The appearance of the damaged nail will not return to normal even after the fungus/yeast are cleared, until the damaged nail grows out and is replaced by healthy nail. It takes fingernails about 6 months to re-grow completely, and toenails require 12 to 18 months.
You can use the following to treat it topically on the outside.
- Tea Tree and Oregano Oil Spray
- White Vinegar Foot Bath
- Maintaining Your Nails Short.
To treat it from the inside, increase your intake of anti-fungal herbs such as garlic, oregano, thyme, etc.
A great resource is www.nailfungus.ca
How to address Bad Breath.
Bad breath can be tough to deal with for you and for others.
Common causes of bad breath includes disease of your gums, sinusitis, respiratory tract infection, poor dental hygiene, dry mouth, heartburn, food sensitivities and low acid levels in your stomach.
- Regular dentist visits and proper oral hygiene are critical for a healthy mouth, brush your teeth and floss them.
- Hydrate yourself accordingly to prevent a dry mouth.
- Fennel seeds are routinely chewed upon after meals to alleviate indigestion. But did you know that they are excellent mouth fresheners too? They increase saliva production and help fight germs causing bad breath.
- Chewing on a clove, or anise will have a similar outcome.
- Chew a fresh sprig of parsley, basil, mint, or cilantro. The chlorophyll in these green plants neutralizes odors.
How to address Dandruff.
Dandruff is the shedding of dead skin cells from the scalp, this leads to an unusually large amount of build up and flaking which can cause irritation. This is commonly as a result of certain triggers. Dry skin, dermatitis, not enough shampooing, too much shampooing, psoriasis, eczema, sensitivity to hair care products, fungal overgrowth.
Things you can do.
- Consuming Healthy Oils to increase your essential fatty acids.
- Increasing your intake of foods rich in B Vitamins and Zinc.
- Massaging Coconut Oil into your Hair.
- Adding Tea Tree Oil into your favorite shampoo.
- Applying Apple Cider Vinegar will get rid of the unwanted skin that would flake off into dandruff, and it won’t clog up your pores or cause more. The acidity of apple cider vinegar changes the pH of your scalp, plus it is a fungicide which makes it harder for yeast to grow. Mix a quarter cup apple cider vinegar with a quarter cup water in a spray bottle and spritz on your scalp
How to address Gas.
Gas, flatulence, wind, cutting the cheese, it goes by many names and it has many smells. The way I think about it is, if it staysinside than its punishing you with bloating and if you let it escape than you are punishing everyone around you. This can create a bit of stress in public situations and there are many reasons why your body creates it.
- High protein diets can be harder for your body to break down and digest. The sulphur in the amino acid is released and it gives you that rotten egg like smell.
- Every day, there is a constant battle going on in your bowels as healthy and unhealthy bacteria compete to establish dominance. When the wrong bacteria take over in your colon, they can produce foul smelling waste products and gas.
- Your body's unable to digest certain complex sugar compounds and when these undigested compounds reach the intestines, they begin to ferment and release gas.
- Lactose Intolerance, Celiac and of course Food sensitivities are also major triggers that can produce.
- Your gallbladder release bile to assist in the absorption of fats. Without its proper function, gas beckons at the backdoor.
Whether you've just started experiencing a gas problem or you've been dealing with excessive gas and stomach bloat for years, it’s time to put an end to the uncomfortable and embarrassing issue. Things you can do.
- If you drink liquids with your meals, you lose stomach acids and can’t break down food as well. Try drinking about 30 minutes before a meal to help your stomach digest better.
- It's imperative to have a robust and healthy colonization of "good" probiotic bacteria in your gut. And a great, all-natural way to help grow friendly intestinal bacteria is to include more cultured and fermented foods in your diet.
- Fermented vegetables, kefir, fermented soy products (miso, tempeh, soy sauce, fermented tofu) and of course Sauerkraut.
- Apple cider vinegar is a home remedy for many digestive problems. Organic apple cider vinegar contains enzymes that relieve gas and related digestive issues. If your gas is the result of indigestion, you can remedy it by drinking one cup of water with 1 tbsp. of apple cider vinegar mixed in.
- Chew your food thoroughly and don’t rush through a meal, give your body a chance tom break it all down.